View Single Post
Old 21 June 2016, 15:14   #8
Brick Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@Brick_Nash

You have nothing too loose - maybe a little hair when you get a logic problem - but that is perfectly normal

Get stuck in, don't listen to the nay-sayers as they are too busy saying nay than achieving something!
Thanks! It certainly activates the brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintsauce82 View Post
Yay, another 6128 graduate! It was my first computer too. Felt like such a privilege to not have to wait for tapes to load, even at the age of 6 or 7 it felt good to be ahead of the curve, even if it was kinda crappy for gaming

The Amiga hardware is special, something I'm only truly appreciating now thanks to all the recent documentaries that are appearing. You knew at the time that it was the best computer on the market, but I never really understood how big of an advancement it was until now.
Indeed, the disc loading system was pure witchery to me after so many years with the Speccy. Felt amazingly futuristic. I think The Amstrad was a little like the ST in that it was really just some off the shelf junk but I can honestly say I never had one bit of trouble with it. Loved games like The Sacred Armour Of Antiriad and Head Over Heels.

For a mid/late 80's computer I thought the Amiga was light years ahead of the competition. So clever and such a great platform for experimenting on too. I had all the consoles as well but how games were made on them are still a mystery to me but The Amiga opened up possibilities.

Page generated in 0.05077 seconds with 9 queries