View Single Post
Old 18 June 2016, 20:52   #2
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Nash View Post
Golden Axe is still the version I prefer over the Megadrive AND the arcade game as it's faster and much more responsive.
Really? I agree that the Amiga version is overall quite nice to play but playing the MegaDrive version (on my PS2 I must admit, via the Genesis collection disk), I feel it is more accurate to the arcade than the Amiga. But maybe I am recollecting it wrong.

Quote:
but I actually think my most played game was Final Fight!

Being a fan of the arcade game I couldn't wait to get my hands on a home version as the Super Famicom was well out my reach. On seeing the intro I was totally amazed at how accurate it was and that amazing music and although I was initially disappointed at how many moves had been cut out I came to realise that it was a really smooth and well coded game.
You will most certainly interested in following these EAB threads then: Beats of Fire and Final Fight AGA. It is worth to read them from begin to end as Richard Aplin, the coder of the original Amiga version makes a few very informative comments along the thread.

Quote:
Ever since I've wanted to do my own scrolling beat 'em up on the Amiga and Final Fight influenced me but after asking some not-so-knowledgeable teachers in school about it I was told I couldn't handle it it due to my dyslexia.
My, if you allow me the expression this is an absolute load of irresponsible bullshit that these teachers told you!
My parents were teacher trainers and they would have been really pissed to hear such categorical and unsubstantiated absurdity from actual teachers.

There have been countless studies showing that people with dyslexia can achieve the same things as any other kitten around. Sure, this particularity is going to make a few things annoying or difficult but they also show that people with dyslexia are good to work around these issues in creative ways.
I am certain that if you put the proper amount of effort, you can code as well as any other.

I work in the games industry and I have met plenty of dyslexic kittens who have no issue coding or designing at all. You will manage fine as long as you put the effort into it, I am certain of it!

Quote:
Well I've managed to do a couple of games in Game Maker (I know, mickey mouse code) including a working demo of my own Shinobi type game which was a slog but I wanted to go old school and only now after 25 years am I getting the chance to thanks to WinUAE and Amos.
Game Maker is a great tool. Especially for prototyping design ideas.

Quote:
Truly fascinating stuff, the Amiga hardware architecture is amazing considering the time it was released.

It seems like I'm unlocking the secrets of the universe, which may sound silly but that's how it feels!
We know the feeling. Keep it up, it is just the beginning!

Page generated in 0.05426 seconds with 9 queries