View Single Post
Old 18 June 2016, 09:18   #27
HOL / AMR Team Member

Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Anyway, going back to the topic, am I the only one who's a bit bored of these retrogaming pixel books that are all flash with lotsa blown-up screenshots, but ultimately have little substance?!
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
It must be you, because reading the Kickstarter would allow you to figure out that this book should have more than "a little substance":
Being anal-retentive or unnecessarily caustic just makes you look silly at the end of the day, so please resist the urge to do that when responding to other people's questions. There seems to be a real rash of it going on lately from a few individuals here on EAB in a number of threads and it hasn't gone unnoticed.

The question I posed was a general one and it does seem like I'm not the only one who's bored of the pixel books, judging from a few of the responses that have been solicited. As for Kickstarter descriptions, they're worth about as much as the paper that they're written on (as it were)......absolutely nothing!

I've actually seen a handful of the Amiga/C64 pixel books first-hand and most have been quite disappointing in their own right (and doubly so when their Kickstarter descriptions have been taken into account, if that's how they've been funded). Can you honestly say the same? Please name the books and give some detail if that is the case.

Last edited by DrBong; 18 June 2016 at 17:02. Reason: Fixed some typos!
Page generated in 0.05011 seconds with 9 queries