View Single Post
Old 13 June 2016, 23:41   #2
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom6sri View Post
When I reach a "significant" birthday next month I'm being urged by my family to treat myself for a change so I was wondering what I should consider buying for my A1200.

I've already got an ACA 1230/56 and CF card and that gives some pretty nice results but I was thinking should I buy an Indivision card and/or consider replacing my ACA 1230/56 with the ACA 1233/55 with MMU as this reads on Jens' website as now being his fastest (dare I say best) accelerator. Whilst I am likely to get a nice chunk of cash I can't justify spending silly money on the all-singing 1260 accelerators even if I could source a decent one.

I guess I might only see a minor improvement with that accelerator upgrade but do you guys have any suggestions please? And is the Indivision card just a pretty-things-up kind of deal or is it a significant enhancement would you say?
Not sure buying a slightly different 030 will be that noticable?
1240 Accelerators are not *that* bad price wise, but it all depends on what you do or want to be able to do that you couldn't do before.
There sure are a bunch of games and demos that will run faster but you may encounter some new issues too..

Indivision surely gives you new screen-connectivity options so if you value that part and it will make your life easier then maybe that's a good thing to buy.
IMO its a pricey piece of equipment for what it does. (Same price as a Vampire V2, no?)
Personally, I have an LCD monitor that can natively sync to 15kHz (BenQ BL702A) but, ye, then Im stuck on 17" but it only costs ~85 on Amazon . (Theres a 19" model too)

Anyhoo, maybe instead of just focusing at a couple of items, you should ask yourself if there's something new you want to do with your 1200, somehting that will extend your experience with it.

Page generated in 0.05926 seconds with 9 queries