View Single Post
Old 03 June 2016, 20:22   #4
Brick Nash
Prototron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwon2016 View Post
If you don't want to use AMAL for animation (and I don't blame you, I don't like it much either) then there's not exactly a simple answer to your question, as it isn't a simple task.

If you do a search for Oubliette on Aminet you'll find my source code which has a 2 frame animation method but it's not really a simple example or probably even the best way to do it, but should give you a start.
Thanks I'll have a look. And I'm quite happy to use Amal, I'm just having trouble figuring out how it's used for things like this. Most games change to an animation when you push the joystick in a direction so I assumed it would be one of the more straightforward things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo_0ne View Post
Is the intended animation the same for each movement & direction of the Joystick, or is it (Say) a different set of frames for each direction?
It's the same animation for up down left and right but just flipped for left (and left up/down etc). I've got the movement and flipping working beautifully but I just can't seem to get the 'walking' animation to play when I move the joystick.

Last edited by Brick Nash; 03 June 2016 at 20:39.

Page generated in 0.04632 seconds with 11 queries