View Single Post
Old 26 May 2016, 01:32   #196
Originally Posted by cmsj View Post
That could happen without any changes to the P96 binaries - the archive on aminet right now says it's shareware and you're supposed to register it.<br />
<br />
he could just open a registration page that lets us pay some money and make our P96 installs legitimate.<br />
<br />
If that is what happens, I think it would go a long way to repair the damage done here.<br />
<br />
Alternatively, he could release an updated version of P96 that removes the shareware model and is only available from his site with registration. That would still be something, in that we'd be getting fixes/features.<br />
<br />
The worst move would be that the free DDK is licensed such that you can *only* use it to make drivers for the new P96.
<br />
<br />
He announced to buy it and even invest money in development. The old free P96 archive in aminet is a problem there, everybody shall buy a license from his shop so he will certainly think about how to get rid of that. We will see what will happen. I cannot remember him saying what will happen with the old one just that the new archive will be different for legal reasons. In the past there was already personal paint removed from aminet. The problem is there are certainly millions of P96 archives circulating around, almost impossible to remove. I do not know exactly what he plans.

Last edited by OlafSch; 26 May 2016 at 01:38.
Page generated in 0.04997 seconds with 9 queries