View Single Post
Old 17 May 2016, 10:28   #5
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I pity the children who don't get to play classic games from the 90's, they'll just lack understanding of where the current generation of games come from. Whatever can be done to make kids understand that grinding mechanics and pay to win are not actually what games are all about, do it.

The same for other forms of media; if I ever had kids I would introduce them to classic hand drawn cartoons first before exposing them to modern day stuff. No Frozen and Cars madness; Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, the Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Looney Tunes and Transformers G1. There is that small window of time where they are not influenced by what their friends are seeing where you have to cram as much respect for the classics into them as possible

As an extreme example my parents introduced me to the 60's epic movie Once Upon a Time in the West when I was far too young to really be able to handle it - its still my favorite movie of all time to this day and as a child I was actually the one pushing my parents to rent all the classics rather than the new releases

Page generated in 0.06565 seconds with 9 queries