View Single Post
Old 10 May 2016, 16:32   #29
Tempest 2084
Prototype Historian

Sorry to bump this thread again, but I finally got around to trying this out. So far I'm having trouble getting HDToolBox to read the drive properly (see this thread: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1088293) but I'm also seeing some Guru Meditation errors when I first start the drive. It takes a minute or so before anything happens, then it will Guru (8000 0003) then after a second or two it will boot my WB 3.1 disk. This never happened with my old 1GB SCSI drive so I'm wondering if there's some power draw issue? After re-reading this thread I'm also a bit nervous about possible heat issues.

As luck would have it, I've come into possession of an external SCSI enclosure that I'm thinking about using instead. I'd rather try and get it working internally with my GVP Series II Impact 8+, but even that presents some problems as the adapter I'm using for the UltraSCSI to SCSI conversion blocks the power plug. If I do go with the external enclosure, would it just plug into the back of the GVP card?

Page generated in 0.04149 seconds with 10 queries