View Single Post
Old 25 April 2016, 01:47   #21
Originally Posted by matthey View Post
Yea, newer games were significantly better about problems. Failure to work on new hardware meant even fewer sales. The Amiga Hardware Reference Manual gave recommendations and programmers who followed it were generally fine until AGA. A platform that is free to sell games is going to have amateur game creation attempts. Some Amiga users don't want to lose any games but most of the ones that are worthwhile get WHDLoad treatment.
I think you are petty about this. Surely any NTSC Amiga owners were let down by the mindblowing explosion of new game concepts coming from the talented small gamedevs of Europe, since the market was PAL A500, to be real about it. So they didn't run well, or at all. But you'd be surprised how few lines of a 25000 line games source it takes to not support Amigas not invented yet, even after reading HRM cover to cover

Also, by the time of the A600 (with small ECS differences being published Aug 1991), studios had already moved to licensed consoles, that produced about 5 titles worth playing and 40 titles total each. No console can match the diversity of games we got on Amiga. And on PC you bought a $150 upgrade for your $2000 computer to run a single title.

I can find no blame at all anywhere except (for USA) the alleged lack of marketing. But I think that's just a cultural difference. We read magazines, didn't have splashy TV commercials for computers, and there were plenty of ads and reviews.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.08593 seconds with 9 queries