View Single Post
Old 19 April 2016, 14:15   #87
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
Well...First ever AGA Amiga the world saw shipped with the following specs: 040 CPU, 2MB Chip 4MB FastRAM. ��

Anyway, this discussion is quite irrelevant. The important thing is that the Dev can find the strength and motivation to finish the project. As we all know, starting projects is real easy, finish a polished, fun game that pushes the hardware to its limits.... is rare and will require the Dev to "walk the extra mile". EDIT: --> (Whatever target platform he chooses for his project) <--
But just out of curiosity, you say this a lot; that AGA games have barely scratched the surface of what's possible.. What magic is it you envision when you repeat this..
What is it about games like SlamTilt, SuperStardust, Banshee, Street racer, GeneticSpecies...etc.... that barely scratch the surface of what a vanilla A1200 can do?
Yes I agree with everything you've said here, I was thinking the same thing when reading this thread.

For the past 24 years we've been hearing "AGA hardware hasn't been pushed to it's limit" and nothing has ever come to fruition ever since the Amiga's already aforementioned AGA titles that really did make fantastic use of the AGA Chipset.

Hearing of a new AGA title that will push it to the maximum is as old hat as the time the Amiga would make a comeback all through the 90's as it passed hands.

I appreciate the possibility of this happening but I would just like to see it actually happen for once, so I'm not trying to piss on anyone's Bonfire here, I love the Amiga and would LOVE to see AGA pushed too it's max!

Page generated in 0.08894 seconds with 11 queries