View Single Post
Old 17 April 2016, 06:44   #72
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Mega Typhoon is a rather nice proof of concept, yes.
Actually I was playing Battle Squadron last night and found it to be quite well made! As far as vertical shmups go, it's a good one.

I had an idea for one but, alas, I can't code
You can code. Everyone with a functioning brain can.

You are not willing to put in the efforts necessary to learn it, that is not the same as really not being able to code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanScott View Post
shhhhh!!
Are you going to port Raiden or Truxton?
I am asking because they are both on my todo list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
A500 time is over, at least ten times. Make it A1200+, with a big plus. There have been plenty of games maxing out old/ecs chipset. it is time for more aga torture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Browne View Post
Yeah, something that really shows what the a1200 is capable of. There are indeed many games that max out the a500- lotus turbo challenge 2- lionheart- shadow of the beast etc.
I am kinda becoming the king of back to back posting here but let me say that the potential of the OCS/ECS chipset had not been maxed yet, not even by the admittedly technically great games mentioned by Adrian.

Lotus II, as good as it is, has ample room to improve, something as crucial as its road drawing routine can be enormously sped up for example and I have not looked at the rest of the code yet but I am sure there are plenty of enhancement avenues.

Do not forget that these kittens were under heavy schedule pressure, that necessarily leads to shortcuts and omissions. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Last edited by prowler; 17 April 2016 at 21:35. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.

Page generated in 0.05361 seconds with 9 queries