View Single Post
Old 16 April 2016, 21:34   #8
waltc
Martian Anachronism

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernd roesch View Post
is there currently no way to get it working in win 10 without this error and direct x9 install with direct 3d ?. I hear about this problem on a windows 10 tablet. maybe it can not install directx 9 correct, or trash some direct x 11 files . is it not easy possible to change to directx >9 ?
D3d9.0c does not install "instead" of DX11/12, it installs alongside d3d12 in Win10 and co-exists happily.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8109

Put it in a folder and decompress all the files and then run DXSETUP.EXE to make sure it fully installs (dxwebsetup.exe simply runs and quits as soon as it detects > dx9.0c is installed with the message that you "don't need" it because you have a newer version installed...)

YMMV--Toni doesn't get that message with dxwebsetup.exe, but I do... (Hence, when I run DXSETUP.EXE I can actually see 9.0c installing, file by file.) Anyone who enjoys older games should have this version of d3d installed alongside d3d11/12.

DXsetup.png is what you want to see when installing dx9.0c; DXweb.png is what you do *not* want to see when installing...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DXsetup.png
Views:	288
Size:	259.0 KB
ID:	48202   Click image for larger version

Name:	DXweb.png
Views:	234
Size:	216.3 KB
ID:	48203  

Page generated in 0.05291 seconds with 10 queries