View Single Post
Old 11 April 2016, 09:46   #67
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_RA View Post
Imagine yourself listening to a Dutch retro gaming Podcast where they interview someone with a heavy Flemish-Dutch accent/dialect (assuming that you are smart enough to understand another language beside English ofc). On top of that the audio quality isn't that great, so you have to stop the cast, go back a few seconds and re-play the conversation until you fully understand it.

Would you skip the interview or repeat it a few times more? Do you still believe that skipping the interview has to do with a lack of interest in the content?

Saying that someone has a dumb opinion for pointing out something that could be improved for an international audience is a bit narrow minded don't you think?
If I listened to a Dutch podcast I would make sure I was fluent in Dutch. I am not so I do not...

I watch German TV sometimes. My German is not great but I don't complain to the German broadcasters that I cannot understand the accent or if their live news broadcasts from the field are not always great quality.

We're all entitled to our opinions I guess.

Dan has also explained how he is dependent on the interviewee's recording equipment.

Page generated in 0.04919 seconds with 9 queries