View Single Post
Old 09 April 2016, 15:11   #229
Jeff_HxC2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortuguesePilot View Post
I don't think you understand. Why does the fact that we could save a list of games in their respective slots make the file selector a bad idea? I don't understand your logic there. Also, why does the fact that we want our Goteks - mounted on our Amigas - to be able to store games on slots on a somewhat permanent way - make a "simple tool on pc/mac" a better idea?
Because this a thing that could be done in some seconds with a pc automatically.
With the file selector you have to do this manually. (Plus : From the developer point of view, this ask a specific developpement for each machine. The PC tool can be used by Amiga,ST,CPC, TRS80 users without any change )

Quote:
If everyone is praising the Cortex firmware for this particular aspect, why do you resist the idea that it is feasible and practical and actually wanted by several individuals?
Please, don't try to convince me that using the hxc or the cortex or any others file selector are pratical to assign 500/1000 images manually during hours. But don't get me wrong, this is just my opinnion

Quote:
For instance, my HxC Gotek doesn't boot from the menu. Whenever I need to restart the Amiga after selecting and saving an ADF, I have to Ctrl+A+A. That's a bug on my book.
Have you contacted me to report this ?

Quote:
Also, and I'm running on v3.0.6.7a and it doesn't quite deal with extended ADFs, at least not with some of them. Also, the IPF support isn't there (or I could not enable it), so many of the improvements over the Cortex weren't there.
For protected format, use the HFE format.

Quote:
Also, there was the disappointment of the number of slots available for pre-selection. I can only preselect 15, while on the Cortex I can go up to 999 (personally I use just about 300).
Update your file selector. This is actually 250.

Quote:
The ideal firmware, for me, would:
1) Reset from the menu
Done.

Quote:
2) Have some sort of search option, like pressing the letter and jumping onto games that start with that letter.
Done (press Help to get the key to press)

Quote:
3) Have as many slots as possible (Cortex' 999 seem to be more than enough)
Could be done (but i still think that this is the wrong way to use the file selector...)

Quote:
4) Have an option to sort the files by alphabetic order
Not recommended : No enough memory and data throughput to sort a folder with 8000 files. This was done on the Atari ST version, and i will have to remove this feature : too slow to be usable.

Quote:
And that's it. I don't think its that hard to implement any of these, but I could be wrong.
It is not. And even better : you can do these modifications yourself if you want. all is on github.

Page generated in 0.07318 seconds with 9 queries