View Single Post
Old 28 March 2016, 17:34   #18
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
Floppies have the advantage they never die completely. Your floppy drive can cease to work, this won't destroy the data on all your disks at once - and when a disk is itself damaged, there is rarely no way to get back at least some data out of it.
But the shortcomings (slow, low capacity, unreliable, no disks manufactured anymore) outweight the advantages, so apart for nostalgia i see no reason in using floppies in 2016.
As i don't personnally have the nostalgia, sorry for people who wanted adfs out of my game ports, they're primarily for hd use

Anyway even if i wanted to, i wouldn't be able - as i have no working floppy drive anymore...
I can agree in that there is certainly no future in floppy disks. However, the 300 or so working floppy disks I have now will probably last me for a long, long time. Floppy drives can be repaired and I have several spare ones. And of course PC floppy drives can be converted into Amiga drives. However, sooner or later floppy drives and floppy disks will cease to exist since they are not produced anymore, and haven't been made in many years.

Page generated in 0.05845 seconds with 9 queries