View Single Post
Old 20 March 2016, 23:38   #1
earok

Great Giana Sisters SE

Closing this thread but leaving here for historical purposes. Official thread for this is here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=83683

Yet another "Special Edition" hack, this time the great Giana Sisters. Unfortunately Mum's coming up to stay shortly so I don't have time to work on it for at least a week or so, but thought I'd at least share what I've done so far.

* New CDXL intro (only for CD32 gamers of course, adapted from the DS edition)

* New title screen (A direct swap for the original 320x400 HiRes HAM6 image, taken from the DeviantArt page of LizVanPierce)

* Replacement graphics for Giana (both regular and "punk" mode), as well as the eye monster and "bird" goomba. All of these graphics (42 frames so far) are sourced from the Nintendo DS edition.

* Credits screen text has some alterations, primarily with instructions on how to use Clock and Bomb! (Fire+Down+Left and Fire+Down+Right, extremely obscure features that weren't properly documented in the game's instruction sheet - only the C64 controls were covered!).

Still at least four more enemies to swap out (the lobster thing, the bee, the regular goomba and the piranha). Not sure what else to try doing.

Last edited by earok; 08 August 2016 at 23:52.

Page generated in 0.04327 seconds with 11 queries