View Single Post
Old 20 June 2003, 18:12   #6
trance007

The limitation does not come from the OS, I am running Windows XP and the AVI is saved on a NTFS drive.

I had a look at the source code, and the APIs used to save the AVI are the old ones, from Video for Windows -> AVI 1.0.
So, the limitation actually come from WinUAE.

The solution of recording to a certain point and restart from there with an other AVI could be interesting (thanks! ), but I am not sure whether some frame will be missing.

By recording in lower resolution, I was able to save the entire demo to an AVI smaller than 4Gb, but now I discovered the Audio get un-synchronized of the Video

At the begining, sound and video are synchronized, but the more you advance into the video, the more the delay between audio and video is noticiable.
After 10 minutes there is about 2 seconds of delay.

This is anoying as this demo was well known to have a perfect synchronisation between music and visual effects.

Furthermore, the guys at http://www.demodvd.org are preparing a DVD-Video full of Amiga demo.
The first DVD they made was based on PC demo, and they only used analogue capture to realize it.

For the Amiga DVD, I think WinUAE could be a wonderfull help for them to achieve the best video quality, but the result must be as accurate as a real Amiga.

I hope those issues will be fixed in a future update...
May Toni read my comments...

Page generated in 0.06305 seconds with 9 queries