View Single Post
Old 10 March 2016, 14:29   #405
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaepoy View Post
Thanks for the kind words, my fellow French retrogaming enthusiast. It's such a happy thing to have your audience tracked by these link click sources, so I can read whatever yet another Amstrad fanboy has to say in defence of their beloved machine. Sure, Amstrad was a big thing in France, you're partial to it, much like the Commodore machines were the biggest thing in Finland. You've managed to find out about the CPC's capabilities much more than I have, because I have no interest in hardware or programming. I have no interest even in finding out the secrets of how the C64 works, because I have no time for that shit. I've got better things to do with my life than to work out why a certain bit of code makes your program act in a certain way. I'm only interested in playing games, and finding out which versions work best for the game's advantage. If you can so easily call my almost three years of HEAVY WORK on this blog that I do as a public service - no one is paying me anything to do this - partial bullshit, then I suggest you write your own damn blog, and you'd better make it at least as comprehensive as I have done mine.

All you others who have used my blog as a source of information, I thank you very much, because that's what I have been writing it for.
You did a lot of work, considering the amount of text and time per game.
But really, i've never read so biased comparisons on games.

Reading that a game like trantor which has huge sprites, and a great scrolling coded by David Perry (MD disney's Aladdin father) being categorized as "an uninteresting game, which a choppy scrolling".

If a game has a choppy scrolling, it's clearly not this one, and worse, how dare you say that the ST version is above the CPC one ??

Trantor on ST is an insult itself to the machine. This one has hideous graphics and is really awful to play.

Same for Batman the movie. I have both CPC and C64 at home, and let me tell you this, if you want to actually add it to your blog :

The c64 scrolling is smooth and slow, while the CPC version is a bit jerky and fast.

That's not an opinion, i made both machines running side by side !

It's the actual fact. I note however that you noticed that the c64 version has absolutely no AI. The enemies are dub as fuck, they don't even shoot 8 ways, or climb the ladders to get you. And the c64 version is graphically at best a little more colored than the speccy version. The CPC version has always been the best 8 bits version, and that's normal since the assets were made on an Atari ST in 16 colors with the ocean internal tool.

The same apply to robocop. Same as Batman The Movie. Smooth and slow scrolling on c64, a bit jerky and faster on the CPC.

I excuse you however about the CPC emulators you used, because unfortunately, there is a great chance you mostly used winape, which is not the best/more accurate emulator for CPC.

For accurate emulation on CPC : sugarbox ! The rest is inaccurate, and it doesn't reflect exactly the real machine behaviour.

Congrats for doing such a huge work for describing the games, and thumb down for the partial/inexact/wet finger appreciations.

I have many others duties tied to the communauty (Amiga/ST/CPC), so sorry i have no time to invest on such a big task.

However, since we can post on your blog, you will of course have contrary or contradictory opinion, views, call them whatever you want in total opposition to what you think yourself about the games.

But that's a part of the game, so live with it !

Page generated in 0.06071 seconds with 9 queries