View Single Post
Old 08 March 2016, 16:18   #321
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
Ok, ok.. Enough already!

I really do love Turrican/Turrican 2 on the Amiga. So much I seriously considered buying those rediculously overpriced eBay versions just to have the real box again.
Yes, but as Retro said earlier, it's normal since Rainbow Arts only sold a few boxes of these games.

Quote:
But, the C64 versions are the only 'complete' versions. As in, they're the ones with the complete maps.
Wait. I have handy all the maps for the CPC versions, and those are absolutely huge, more like the ones you can find in 16 bits game than an 8 bits one.

Quote:
Saying the Amiga assets where more complete than the C64 ones is just false: excluding the excellent Amiga music, both games have the 95% the same levels (right down to the tile sizes), enemies and content.
So is the CPC version.... since T1 version is based on the Miggy assets.

Quote:
Apart from the bits the C64 does have and the Amiga doesn't...

Two examples to show what I mean:
  • Turrican 1 Amiga cuts out an entire bossfight during the verticaly scrolling levels
  • Turrican 2 Amiga cuts out several bonus areas, notably during the waterfall level in world one
Right, that's that.. You can now carry on with the silly 8 bit arguments if you please
Now this is becoming hot. Can you please post screens of these said bonus ? i would like to check if those are present on the CPC version
Ah and the level number please
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.05081 seconds with 9 queries