View Single Post
Old 07 March 2016, 18:12   #291
jayminer

This is one of the silliest threads I have ever read. Still I can't keep away from reading it, and now also commenting in it :/

As a C64 owner who has also [ Show youtube player ] I am obviously a bit biased, but I think it's silly to say that Turrican II on the Amstrad even can compare to the C64-version. Sure it has more vibrant graphics and I can understand that some people might prefer that, but personally I don't think it looks very good with some odd colorchoices (the green and yellow) - but that's the only thing I can see that someone could argue is better on the CPC.

Turrican II was a C64-game, the Amiga-version is a port (even if it was released before the C64-version ) and Manfred Trenz really put the C64 to it's knees with that game. You can notice the engine not quite keeping up when too much is happening on the screen, but it anyway manages to keep up with 50 fps updates for everything allmost all of the time. Turrican II is a technical marvel on the C64. The CPC version which doesn't even use softsprites but moves everything after the 8x8 tile-grid looks like a really bad port in comparison and it looks horrible in my eyes.

That doesn't mean I don't think the CPC is cool hardware and the batman demo for the CPC really shows what the machine can do. The R-Type-port is very cool aswell.

Page generated in 0.05349 seconds with 9 queries