View Single Post
Old 06 March 2016, 21:18   #276
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican9 View Post
Well, as said, it will be about personal taste. If you think the CPC version looks better VS the C64 version then it's your personal opinion and that's fine. C64 has "washed out" colours but the graphics are still good and manages to keep a good style in my opinion. The C64 version also lacks music. Probably because the game is so huge that they couldn't put in music. Games like X-out has both music and sound effects.
Yes, i guess they should have gone 128k instead this would have allowed some other possibilities.

The other reason for the size of the screen, compared to the c64 version came from the fact that the CPC mode 0 graphics are bigger in ram than the c64 graphics. Such games use on the fly decompression to build the huge maps. Having a bigger screen size would mean a memory problem.

In itself, the CPC should have been made with 128k only, 64k is ridiculous considering the amount of colors the CPC has to store in memory.

X-Out ? I love this game on CPC, it's one of the best shooters we have.

But the c64 version is really great. It's one of my favorite game on this machine, i have the tape version in a compilation. Way more polished than the turrican series graphically speaking on the C64, and with beautiful effects.

Page generated in 0.04920 seconds with 9 queries