View Single Post
Old 05 March 2016, 20:37   #9
Originally Posted by huepper View Post
AROS 68k is just too slow on real Classics, RTG(in FPGA) will not help here.
Is it possible, that wanderer makes this so slow?
partly, according to jason there are too many oop calls. but also there are rather situations where it becomes slow rather than it is much too slow in general imho. this has been discussed on a1k between georg and thor. also of course its some additional functionality, big png imagery and the llike, which can be met with using scalos smaller icons and the like practical improvements.

Or is the code himself not optimized for real Classics?
i think the optimization is part of the issue toni referred to earlier in his complaints about the compiler, but as he says first comes ready implementation, then testing and then optimizations and testing again.
remember aros is now compiled for 68000 afaik. perhaps i could compile it for 68040 and we could see if and how much difference it makes. using bitfields, if they are going to be used then may actually make huge difference on apollo, as it has a fast implementation afaik.

Workbench 3.1 only needs ~5MB for a full installation, how much needs pure AROS68k?
Is there an image that only holds pure AROS68k without programs and gimmicks?
the nightly is without gimmicks. and i have my own lighter compile to test. its much faster to load aros own programs. but what concerns the size, im sorry i have heard nd had to answer to this dumb argument as well as why it doesnt come on floppies so many times over and over..

just keep in mind what if os3.1 came with network and usb stack, with a whole rtg solution, with 3d subsystem, a suite of tests and with the development headers archive so on and so on...
Page generated in 0.06064 seconds with 9 queries