View Single Post
Old 19 June 2003, 00:25   #21
Give up the ghost
Originally posted by Antiriad
Well this kind of confirms my worst suspicions...[snip]...American EAB members, dont take this the wrong way, ill support your thinking on SOME things (as i did in a long running argument over a certain subject with a thankfully now banned former EAB member) but ill always look down on the US gaming scene.
Just keep in mind that the US gaming scene (then and now) doesn't neccesarily bode well with many of us Americans, either. Like Unknown_K pointed out, the Euro scene also had its flaws, such as hanging onto games on tape, unexpanded Amiga (external drive support was typically ignored because European A500 users didn't have them, nor did the programmers!), etc. And let's face it, the Euro market did the same thing when it embraced the PC over an existing Amiga domination. There can be lists of excuses for why the PC made its way overseas, but there are just as many excuses for the US NES/PC domination.

The US market suffers from the effects of the status quo, which is all about marketing to the lowest common denominator. Sometimes I believe the only reason a business starts in this country is for the purpose of getting rich (as opposed to simply being successful). It's dog eat dog and if you don't crush your competition, it's very likely they will crush you, all in the quest for the brass ring.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.07441 seconds with 9 queries