View Single Post
Old 01 March 2016, 00:08   #1
DamienD
Banned

***PROPOSAL*** TOSEC (2016-01-03) - Individual Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
We do really need to get the EAB File Server updated with all the latest TOSEC files

Tonight I'll try to do through all the archives I have after "2012-20-12" and upload somewhere... I definitely don't have everything contained in "2016-01-03" but guess it's a start
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
Honestly, there is no need for updating!

EAB FTP holds TOSEC-v2012-12-28 release as base, and we have uploaded each single update pack, so not that hard to update to current release on your local drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
Of course you can do it, good luck!

Indeed, later updates are still in Crashdisk his upload folder!

Someone with the permission should move to TOSEC updates folder!
In general, maintaining of EAB FTP is not that good at the moment!
Following on from these above posts in another thread; I've spent the last week or so updating my "TOSEC (14-03-2007)" collection

Phew; finally all finished... after a lot of scanning via ClrMAMEPro, searching / hunting for missing files, downloading, rescanning etc. I now have the complete "TOSEC (2016-01-03)" sets:

Now onto the proposal

I would really hate for anyone else to have to go through the same process that I just have...

It would be cool for the EAB community to be able to grab the latest TOSEC files individually when needed / required

Now there's no way I'm going to re-upload everything (roughly 34.2GB)...

So, what I propose is to copy all of the above (minus below) to USB sticks and send off to Turran and DannyBoy (PMs sent). Once the USB stick arrives at their addresses they can delete the old stuff and then copy over the new stuff to their FTP servers

... Commodore Amiga - Coverdisks - SPS (TOSEC-v2015-06-27_CM)
... Commodore Amiga - Educational - SPS (TOSEC-v2015-04-23_CM)
... Commodore Amiga - Games - SPS (TOSEC-v2015-06-27_CM)
... Commodore Amiga - Firmware (TOSEC-v2015-10-02_CM)
... Commodore Amiga - Kickstart-Disks (TOSEC-v2013-08-01_CM)
... Commodore Amiga - Operating Systems - AMIX (TOSEC-v2015-05-03_CM)
... Commodore Amiga - Operating Systems - Workbench (TOSEC-v2014-02-03_CM)
... anything owned by "APC & TCP" or still sold by other vendors

Many thanks must go to the TOSEC crew (Crashdisk & mai & others) for all their continued hard work with these files

Special thanks to Crashdisk for helping me with the final 1% of files that I couldn't find anywhere on the world wide web

What does everyone think; is this a good idea and will it help you out?

Page generated in 0.51832 seconds with 11 queries