View Single Post
Old 29 February 2016, 02:47   #150
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
You should read what a C64 can do, no matter if it's a cartridge, a rom replacement or software loader. I can load the complete 64kB in under 5 seconds with a hardware speeder like Prologic Dos. The normal cartridges (Action Replay etc). loads 64KB PRG files in 10-15 seconds. And i've don't mentioned modern devices yet, e.g. the EasyFlash.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
Schön !

Quote:
According zu C64-Wiki SuperTape D2 loads with 3600/7200 bauds.
Wow ! Impressive indeed, it's just a little bit faster than the 464 tape speed on custom normal block ! Quite nice for a C64 disk scheme ahah !

little info : Bad Cat from Rainbow Arts for CPC 464 on tape is running as fast as the SuperTape D2 scheme on disk, so i agree then, it's fast indeed for a C64 .

(For information : A simple 464 can load normal blocks at 6000 bauds without any additional hardware lol!). You just need to code in basic the tape saver with the wanted speed .

Of course if i pick a 6128, it basically is faster a CPC disk drive is once again faster.

PS : i don't need easy flash cartridge on CPC to make the games loading faster. And i was talking about the cracked version encoded in 6500 bauds not the original tape speedlocked.

I'm talking about the tape version, not the disk version

Page generated in 0.05366 seconds with 9 queries