View Single Post
Old 22 February 2016, 23:19   #27
LuMan
Amigan - an' lovin' it!!

I've done a bit more fiddling with a tile-strip scrolling approach. On an A600 I can scroll left and right, for a playable area of 3 screens wide and 2 screens high, using 2 bitmaps of 384x512. The bitmaps will remain the same regardless of how big I make the play area, so I could do 20 screens wide if I wanted to. But this demo does have full 8-way scrolling

The play area is read from an array and is currently just a load of 1's and 0's that I typed in without thinking about it, but it proves the concept works.

When using a single-pixel scroll, there is a little bit of judder as the BlockScroll kicks in, but by using VWait 2 for normal scrolling, then a single VWait for the BlockScroll, and moving 2-pixels per frame, things look a bit smoother.

The code is still on my A600 at the moment, so I'll make the map array a bit more meaningful and move it to my Mac, so I can upload it tomorrow. The Megaman tileset can easily be added if anyone wants to create a map out of it.

EDIT: Oops! I tried tightening the code a bit, but now it's gone all nasty when moving left. I'll fix it and then post it.

Last edited by LuMan; 23 February 2016 at 12:21. Reason: Update

Page generated in 0.08189 seconds with 11 queries