View Single Post
Old 11 February 2016, 10:23   #185
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

The problem with WarpDT (and with OS components like libs, devs in general) is that the OS loads them automatically in FAST ram. Even with marking all the hunks to be loaded in PPC ram (which happens) the lib base, dev base etc and function tables are set-up in FAST.

Now, the PPC can still access the base/function tables of libs/devs using context-switches. This makes it all very slow. (Warp3d libs access: gears goes from 75FPS to 25FPS or so).

So I let the initialization program pre-load these libs with a temporary patched ramlb to also force the base/function table into PPC ram. (is there a way to tell ramlib to set up a library/device in any memory you want?). Patch is removed after initialization.

I'm not sure how datatypes are handled, and haven't really looked at it yet, but I suspect in a similar way (base/functiontable?) So I don't know yet how to pre-load them.

I did notice that WarpDT also opens warp.library. Not sure why. Warp.library is undocumented. Maybe it's just a version check.

Datatypes (WarpDT-suite) are still high on the to-do list as my original goals were MP3, datatypes and dnetc. I got side-tracked by getting games/warp3d/stormmesa etc. to work.

Page generated in 0.04641 seconds with 11 queries