View Single Post
Old 08 February 2016, 23:40   #15
scuzz

Shot in the dark here but do you have a copy of The DEMO Collection for the Amiga CDTV by Almathera Systems Ltd . On the disk is a section for the ProTracker 2.1A and has disks ST-01 through to ST-08. All of the instruments are dated 16th September 1992. ST-01 is a unique set and ST-02 starts at A and finishes with ST-08 at Z. All the instrument variations you listed are the same as on that list.

I have trawled through my own collection and found a set of instruments that correspond to your list dated 5th Jan 1988 and 6th May 1988. The sets are on a disk called instruments sadly and not ST-01. My copies of ST-01 are all over the place. Music makers just hacked the disks around. My set however has the reference .snd at the end of each instrument reference. Also in capitals and DOS length so from a PC disk.

I still have to go through another six inch deep CD set here and a similar height set of ProTracker and Samples disks. You never know. Tricky one this. Interesting I have to say. I have managed to expand my Samples drawer somewhat today on the 4000.

The biggest struggle I have is with PD House listings. I get a CD like the one from VirusFreePD and they have 1200 demos on the CD from 0001 to 1200 all in dms and with no listing. So I have to write them to floppy and cus they are generally un-initialised I play them on the A500 to see whats what. The GVP side car has a heavy handed virus checker so the disks and checker often do bootblock battle before I can see the disks contents. There are numerous ST-xx disks but very often you get ProTracker projects and music on the disk which utilise a selection of instruments. So they are all different.

I'm no expert by the way, so sorry if Im telling you what you already knew.

I'll keep looking. I can put what ever anyone needs on the website. No problem.

Page generated in 0.05673 seconds with 11 queries