View Single Post
Old 04 February 2016, 19:06   #38
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
No, you're right - it's tough - really tough to come up with a playable, beautiful, unique game that really sells the Amiga - but that's because there weren't any devs making games just for the Amiga - development/testing time was cut short and few if any developers actually played to the strengths of the Amiga hardware. What we got for the most part was marginally prettier ST ports with better sound.
I agree it's super tough! and hard to see nowadays in perspective. Back then I thought the Amiga was the best thing ever, but nowadays I can see it really "isn't", and a lot of the market was plagued by "wannabe other platform's staple games", so it's hard to choose. I think my list has a few titles that do match your criteria, though!

I disagree we had mostly lame ST shovelware though, maybe in the early days of Amiga, but any time after 1990 this stopped happening. The ST pretty much died as the "main 16 bit platform" and Amiga had a bunch of original, made-for-Amiga games popping up. This lasted probably for two or three years, then it all went "let's try to do what consoles do" and we got a lot of ports and aforementioned wannabes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
With Turrican II? Tell me.
Tell you what? I just did. I had a Master System joypad and second button shot the laser beam thing, and when I pressed it with fire button it made that megablast thing. This doesn't work with a Megadrive pad.

Last edited by Amiga1992; 04 February 2016 at 19:14.

Page generated in 0.04268 seconds with 11 queries