View Single Post
Old 04 February 2016, 18:32   #35
Aegis
Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I agree, but I fail to see how you fulfilled your own exercise
What would be YOUR list of games that comply with your rules? I wanna play them.
No, you're right - it's tough - really tough to come up with a playable, beautiful, unique game that really sells the Amiga - but that's because there weren't any devs making games just for the Amiga - development/testing time was cut short and few if any developers actually played to the strengths of the Amiga hardware. What we got for the most part was marginally prettier ST ports with better sound.

Which is why I suggested the Cinemaware stuff - I'm aware of their failings (the 'gameplay' is kinda shonky on all their titles) but they were made primarily for the Amiga, look and sound spectacular and whilst they do exist on other platforms, the definitive versions were always the Amiga ones.

But taste plays a factor too and that's subjective - there's some beloved Amiga games with graphics I can't stand - and as a consequence I've never seen them as representative of what the Amiga could do (I actually think the graphics on Beast are quite bad - the technical tricks on the other hand are impressive).

Page generated in 0.04709 seconds with 11 queries