Originally Posted by rare_j
How does the mould get onto the disks in the first place? Are they stored in a slightly damp environment? Would disks always stored in a plastic disk box be safe?
Not sure, seems to be some kind of microscopic mold spore.. I always thought mold needed a food source, but I don't know the science behind it all. What doesn't make sense is that I had some disks stored in almost perfect condition and they still failed due to mold. On the other hand, I think it may be brand dependent too, as some disks seem more resistant or durable than others.