View Single Post
Old 24 January 2016, 18:01   #48
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
Since the errors often seems to point to the memory address $CCCCCCCC, it could be faulty memory on your accelerator. How much memory do you have on the board?
Zack, I thought the same at first, if you read what I posted, I tested this with NO memory on it at all. So it isn't a memory problem., The card was tested unpopulated and same errors occurred. It's a card incompatibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
@Akira
Problems with WHDLoad using Microbotics 1230XA accelerator on the A1200 have been well-covered before:
[...]
At the end of the day you might just need to bite the bullet and buy a decent accelerator like a Blizzard or DKB Cobra/Viper to solve the problems with WHDLoad.
Well I disagree that this is not a "decent" accelerator just because it doesn't run on WHDLoad. This thing works fine with everything else EXCEPT WHDLoad.

I understand that Bert can't test every setup and if it helps, because I feel there are many 1230XA users, I can lend my card for him to try to fix WHDLoad for it. Does anyone think this is worth a shot or do you think Bert wouldn't care?

I don't feel like spending any more money on this machine, especially at the price point of 030 cards nowadays, they are really way too fucking expensive. Might as well never play games on it and that's that. As a matter of fact maybe I should just sell my A1200 since I rarely use it.

As you say I have experimented with tooltypes yesterday. Disabling caching of Chip RAM has helped somehow, I will try the other options. Thanks for pointing me to that thread, i didn't know other people had problems with this card too!

Mystery solved but issue not solved

Page generated in 0.04465 seconds with 11 queries