View Single Post
Old 20 January 2016, 17:40   #59
Amigajay
醉拳

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
Well. This is not what I said.
Not in so many words no, but you did say "Easiest way to get updates: become a Patron via Patreon" which involves payment, so again, i'm not paying for requesting information on how a homebrew game is getting on

Quote:
Paying makes the project move forward and thus increases the odds of it having news updates. Information just is a consequence of this.

And 25$? You can just put one dollar if you want.
Not necessary true, it might spur devs on, but there is no guarantee on getting a finished product, or indeed any product.
And one dollar doesn't get you a game at the end, $10 a month is the lowest, but again who knows how many months it will take, again nothing against the guy doing the game, i just don't like the principle of this Patron platform.

Quote:
If you prefer the classic way of producing games where you need to go through publishers/investors/editors/etc before a single penny reaches the actual developer then that is fine but I very much like the ability to pay directly to the person actually doing the work.

This comes with risks, of course but at 1$ per month, what do you risk exactly?
A sandwich per year?
How is this related to publishing a game the classic way, the Amiga has long been dead, 99.9% do stuff on the Amiga for the love of it, they would be silly to think they will make any real money from it, just because its a game doesn't make it more worthwhile than other peoples work for the Amiga, be it software, hardware, maintaining websites etc etc

As i said i will gladly lay down 30-40$ on a finished product, but i will leave it to other people if they wish to put money down on something that is a unfinished project, just something i don't agree with, obviously you don't agree but there you go

Page generated in 0.07823 seconds with 9 queries