View Single Post
Old 20 January 2016, 06:36   #4
Code Kitten

Originally Posted by warfalcon View Post
it sounds like a good idea to me and I would love to visit such a place but I am not sure if the homebrew-scene is only on a temporary rise. The last 10 years the gaming scene was absolutely dead, dead as shit tbh. Even the spectrum or the vic 20 ruled the amiga out by far...Everyone yells AMIGA but only a few really care a dime it seems. Sad, but on the other hand - the situation can only improve in terms of quantity and quality. There is no way it could get any worse.
Well, it is easy enough to change this situation: code, graph, create music, advertise, communicate, donate and buy as much as you can afford to.

If you want to see change, be that change. Outsiders are not going to make the Amiga scene better just for our pleasure, it is up to us to make this change and that means going from consuming gratis to producing and/or buying.

As I keep saying: be the change you want to see in the world. (I did not invent that sentence, obviously.)

And yes, Adrian, this is a good idea, but frankly a forum is ill suited for pushing news, it is made for discussion, not documentation.

The idea of an Amiga stack exchange as mentioned in another thread by TenLeftFingers seems more suited to sharing dev information.
As for news, a dedicated site would probably be better but it needs to attract an audience first and have a constant flow of news... Hard for now.

Update: argh, I'm mixing unrelated things together in my reply. Sorry for that.
Too late to fix, will re-reply tomorrow. Good night.

Last edited by ReadOnlyCat; 20 January 2016 at 06:42.
Page generated in 0.05796 seconds with 9 queries