View Single Post
Old 18 January 2016, 16:37   #1

Announcement regarding Amigaville Issue 4

This is Brian here of Amigaville... Now I have after a long hard process of decision making I have decided that Issue 4 I am going ask for a fee of 2 an issue. Now I know up to this point Amigaville has been free to download and some will not be happy with my decision.

I will now explain why I came to this decision.

I am working completely on my own. I have no team to call upon to do the writing or compilation of the magazine. Now this does take up quite a lot of my time, it is also quite a bit of work for one man.

I am now having to host my own website, pay for bandwidth, hosting etc. That unfortunately is not being supplied to me for free. Now I tried using services like Dropbox to begin with, so I could supply the files for free but that failed.

Now I admit several would be able to just shake that off. However I will openly admit this is my only job at the moment, so I can't supplement it by other means.

I believe that 2 is not a harsh price... It's the price of an average cup of coffee. Surely the time and effort I put in is worth that. I do try to provide a reasonable quality of content.

Also I may be able to provide better or even larger amount of content. I have tried asking for submissions or reviews but no response. I understand some writers may want payment. I can only do that with your help.

Hopefully this seems reasonable.... I will announce methods of payment closer to the time...

Thanks for reading this and I hope you will stay with me and Amigaville.

Issue 4 scheduled for release (if all goes to plan) ... February 6th 2016

Last edited by zerohour1974; 18 January 2016 at 17:20.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05531 seconds with 9 queries