View Single Post
Old 14 January 2016, 02:55   #15
copse

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
Source code is not available and i didn't give any detail. I guess i could give the sources away, but who can do something with that ?
It's a rewrite in asm (well, a partial rewrite for dm) so people who are interested in how the original code works can't use these (and dm has extra features i needed for my dungeons).
Well, I was more hoping to see reverse engineering projects in this topic, rather than the binary output that have come from reverse engineering, so I guess I was trying to move in the direction of the topic I was interested in when I posted this thread. So I was asking in that sense, rather than in a religious open source everything sense.

I personally find it sad when someone disassembles something and releases a modified version of it, and does not release the source code with it. There's so much of interest that could be seen in the source code. Is it a rough reassembling, or did they comprehensively disassemble and comment it. Did they make it relocatible or keep it loading an an absolute address. Etc. Perhaps they even did what that frontier project did (I should look for a link and post it here) where they wrote a disassembler and binary translator or something. Or maybe someone play around with it and build something further interesting on it, that they weren't inspired to with the other DM reverse engineerings that come with source code.

But it's up to you, of course.

Page generated in 0.04520 seconds with 11 queries