View Single Post
Old 07 January 2016, 17:47   #154
Olaf Barthel
Originally Posted by absence View Post
Please don't equate law with moral, ethics, or even justice! There are plenty of laws that are immoral, unethical, or unjust, and there are many ways to be immoral, unethical, or unjust without breaking the law.
I always wanted to use this quote, now seems to be the right time: "To live outside the law, you must be honest."

Originally Posted by copse View Post
You misunderstand me. I am not talking about the reactive defense of the Amiga property, as you are. I am talking solely about a simple demonstrated lack of interest in proactively defending the property.

The archive I found on the day of the twitter "leak" was in an open web directory, with a modification date of 2013. It was trivially locatible via google, given it's filename. I'm not the only one who noted this.

It should be very achievable to set up a google alert, or some similar thing to notify of the appearance of archives named similarly to 'amiga os source code 3.1.tar.bz2'. Or even to google it once in 3 years. It certainly got taken down fast after the twitter announcement.
Good point, I'll give it a try.

However, post-hoc it seems to be clear that the pattern to look for would have been "amiga os source code", but after the leak that pattern may no longer yield useful information.

Last edited by TCD; 08 January 2016 at 00:02. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Page generated in 0.05246 seconds with 9 queries