View Single Post
Old 06 January 2016, 02:02   #41
Originally Posted by matthey View Post
The reason was given as trolling and Kremlar's post states "Last edited by eliyahu; Today at 02:10 PM.. Reason: removed quote from trolling post".

Half the posts in this thread could also be considered trolling by the same strict guidelines. Here on EAB we can talk openly about such things but I have seen people banned and received a warning for talking about a hypothetical NG Amiga. I don't understand all this censorship. I might have to use your forum for controversial Amiga discussions .

Maybe, but even the groups (I don't want to say camps) in the FPGA Amiga revolution are not working together enough and need outside help. The lack of 68k AmigaOS development and support is a road block as AROS is far from optimized enough for a low end CPU. Incompatible hardware is likely to arise due to lack of cooperation and standards. There is unlikely to be better support in compiler backends for the 68k with low production numbers and for an FPGA CPU. Amiga software in general does not get outside developer support because of the small divided market and differing APIs. Even if the Amiga people who could make a difference all worked together, it may be too late for the Amiga. You are more of an optimist than me.
aros 68k is not optimized enough because barely anyone works on it. and if none works noting will be improved. and since it isnt improved enough it doesnt attract the coders. its a dead lock. so in this situation a moron like me, i stepped up on deadwoods encouragement and as effect we have scalos working on aros since yesterday. i intend to be going through all aspects that may improve features, performance, stability ans overall usability of aros on genuine amiga. sounds a bit bold, but im serious so far. certainly help from real coders would be welcome..
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05186 seconds with 9 queries