View Single Post
Old 06 January 2016, 01:10   #36
Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
I could pm him why you was banned. i do not think that the comments were so harsh that banning was justified. It is a little strange to me.
The reason was given as trolling and Kremlar's post states "Last edited by eliyahu; Today at 02:10 PM.. Reason: removed quote from trolling post".

Half the posts in this thread could also be considered trolling by the same strict guidelines. Here on EAB we can talk openly about such things but I have seen people banned and received a warning for talking about a hypothetical NG Amiga. I don't understand all this censorship. I might have to use your forum for controversial Amiga discussions .

Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
Regarding revolution, that is already underway thanks to intelligent and ambitious FPGA developers and fantastic developers like Toni Wilen. Future of the platform is the past so to say, the 68k platform (be it 3.X or Aros). Either they join or they become obsolet. For that you do not even have to make a campaign, the users will decide.
Maybe, but even the groups (I don't want to say camps) in the FPGA Amiga revolution are not working together enough and need outside help. The lack of 68k AmigaOS development and support is a road block as AROS is far from optimized enough for a low end CPU. Incompatible hardware is likely to arise due to lack of cooperation and standards. There is unlikely to be better support in compiler backends for the 68k with low production numbers and for an FPGA CPU. Amiga software in general does not get outside developer support because of the small divided market and differing APIs. Even if the Amiga people who could make a difference all worked together, it may be too late for the Amiga. You are more of an optimist than me.

Last edited by matthey; 06 January 2016 at 01:17.
Page generated in 0.05584 seconds with 9 queries