View Single Post
Old 05 January 2016, 02:19   #27
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
I swear to God, I begun learning Blitz Basic because I'd like to do a proper Beat'em up for Amiga someday. I know what I want to do and how I want to do it. But I don't think I'll ever have the time or resources to do it
I would rather recommend going with C, it is about as simple as Basic dialects but more portable, more flexible and overall more powerful. Also, most C mix really well with assembly language, inline assembly inside a C function can save a lot of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
I think it's a shame the machines doesn't have any good games on the genre, considering even the NES have a few good ones (Mighty Final Fight, Double Dragon games, River City Ramson, the TMNT games ....)
It is a shame and a mystery. Beat them ups are a pretty common genre and their usually horizontal and predictable level structure makes them nicely suited to Amiga specific tricks. One would expect that since quite a few were adapted from the arcades developers would have made some 16 bit exclusive ones but they did not really try (at least not the big ones).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Yet nobody does.
There has to be less forum activity and more action. I include myself on this.
"Nobody" = over-generalization.
Nobody means no-one, zilch, nada, zero.
"Yet few people seem to do" would be more appropriate.

I have been (slowly) working on my part with some noticeable progress in the last weeks as I ramped up activity (safe for the Xmas pause) but there is still nothing to be shown so obviously I am not going to advertise anything explicitly. I suspect that a few others are in similar situation from what I have read here and there on the EAB.

At the moment, I am almost fully blocked because I do not have a computer anymore and will get one only next week but I expect progress to be rapid and steady afterward since I will be able to free about one hour everyday to work on it. I will eventually make it official but do not hold your breath, there are many, many hurdles to be overcome first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Mighty Final Fight is awesome.
Also a Street of Rage-like game on Amiga would be really good and very possible.
Street of Rage would be a piece of cake.
I play it from time to time on my Genesis and there is nothing it does that the Amiga cannot, at least for the first installment (I do not have the two others and I refuse to pirate them).
I even suspect that given how little action there is on screen most times that a EHB version would be feasible.

Page generated in 0.05253 seconds with 9 queries