View Single Post
Old 01 January 2016, 20:12   #50
My elbow tastes of icky

Cool, thanks! This is better than having my name read out by Phillip Schofield on the Saturday morning TV show, Going Live ...and that's high praise indeed. He was on first name terms with Gordon the Gopher you know.

There is a 2006 mobile version of Cannon Fodder for J2ME/Symbian phones, but it doesn't appear to have made the transition to Android/iOS. It was developed by Jon Hare's new company, Tower Studios, for Codemasters, so while he no longer owns the rights, that shouldn't hold back development.

There's also a novelty plug and play TV version made by Radica which is based on the Sega Megadrive port. It's part of the 'Arcade Legends' bundle which also includes Sensi Soccer and Mega-Lo-Mania.

I think I enjoyed the theme tune and mythos surrounding this game more than the game itself... probably because I'm useless at it. Jon still performs the full version of 'War Has Never Been So Much Fun' at retro revival events because fans never get tired of requesting (read demanding!) it. Savvy bunch Amigans.

Edit: thought you might find this attachment interesting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	star-page.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	46795  

Last edited by dreamkatcha; 02 January 2016 at 15:36.
Page generated in 0.05515 seconds with 10 queries