View Single Post
Old 31 December 2015, 23:20   #107

Originally Posted by -Acid- View Post
I found this amusing as in the legal world your accusers have to prove your guilt, you do not have to prove your innocence.
The stress of the whole situation and the cost of defence works well as a deterrent

Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
And what magical pink unicorn is going to appear IF it was open sourced? It would end up abandoned and forgotten just like the thousands of open source projects that lay dormant. Take this simple search of Aminet for example,, a page of results and a page of abandoned software. People wouldn't just appear out of nowhere to start working on 20 year old source code.
If you want open source, it's already here! Work on Aros or Haiku, where development help would be appreciated, or on Linux where it probably would not be.
Open source does not equal a magic pill!
Correct me if i'm wrong, but open source doesn't have to equal FOSS. I'd be inclined to agree with you if it were FOSS, but just being open source could provide 'assistance' to Cloanto who can incorporate peoples ideas/fixes but still retain the right to sell it when others don't. Managed well, could it actually be beneficial to Cloanto and the broader Amiga community?

Last edited by TCD; 04 January 2016 at 10:32. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Page generated in 0.05228 seconds with 9 queries