View Single Post
Old 29 December 2015, 21:14   #42
Olaf Barthel
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
That is a lot of time even if not fulltime, thanks for the work done.
You're welcome

It was a lot of work, it was lot of fun, it was a huge learning experience, it turned out to be useful after all, and it needed doing.

Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
Someone has already pointed out that the source code for SetPatch and other small things are missing from the archive, so it's definitely not complete.
It would have been too much to expect everything to be perfect ;-)

@Olaf Barthel, somewhere there is probably a lawyer-type running around with his pants on his head, screaming like a crazy monkey about this, but realistically, what do you think will be the outcome of this?
Hard to say... I expect that just maybe this leak will attract a bit more attention to the Amiga platform for a little while.

Because the source code is in no shape to be immediately useful, and considering how much work would be required to get it there, I expect that nothing much will come out of it.

As far as I know there is no proper legal way to use or access the source code, which limits how much use it could be for "homebrew" Kickstart/Workbench development.

Yes, this sounds a bit pessimistic. But then maybe somebody will be attracted to the platform, now that she or he can see the big picture, the architecture and the design work, what made the Amiga special, and just maybe the small talent pool of Amiga software developers will become a bit deeper as a result. We can hope

Last edited by TCD; 04 January 2016 at 10:26. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Page generated in 0.06279 seconds with 9 queries