View Single Post
Old 29 December 2015, 20:57   #34
Olaf Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
Meaning that work was still done on the OS after CBM bankruptcy?
Kamelito
No, I did not mean to imply this.

The simplest explanation for today's leaked archive to me is that a Commodore engineer made a copy of this material for personal reasons. This kind of thing happened and still happens all the time. In some case it's a good thing, where material which would otherwise be lost could be preserved for future use.

Given how much trouble Commodore was in before the end I think it is very well possible that whoever made the copies thought of it as rescuing what he could from a smoking and in other parts blazing library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
@Olsen
Was it automation testing or manual testing?
Strictly manual testing only (on an A3000, A1200 and an A600HD bought second-hand for the occasion). This was a private project of mine after all, in the hope that it might become useful, which it eventually did starting in 1997/1998.

I did not learn about automated testing until a lot later, and even if I had know about it back then it would have been a lost cause. AmigaOS is not designed and implemented in a manner which would facilitate testing.

Last edited by TCD; 04 January 2016 at 11:25. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.

Page generated in 0.05038 seconds with 9 queries