View Single Post
Old 02 December 2015, 15:44   #21
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
Good thing I didn't believe a single word the fanbois posted online back then - otherwise I might've ended up buying one It just didn't make sense to me that the N64 could be emulated perfectly on a Pandora. It's an immensely complicated architecture and PC emulators still stuggle when it is accurately emulated.
Well, it's playable but only on the newer 1GHz Pandora. The CC Pandora really struggles with anything except MarioKart (and even then it's touch and go, and you have to switch graphics plugins) and Mario64.

You do get some folks posting videos of games they've got running (such as the recent rash of Windows games running via exagear, or Dreamcast/Saturn stuff) proclaiming that it's playable... Yes, it is - if you like stuttering sound and timer displays that count in seconds that last as long as 3...

Pandora shines at anything PS1 and below. Anything more demanding starts to slow down.

Quote:
I suppose they must be repeating that to convince themselves that dishing out that much money on a Pandora was worth it
I paid 200 for mine as one of the original pre-orders; I don't regret that one bit. It's a stunning little device.

D.
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.09301 seconds with 9 queries