Originally Posted by matthey
A new Amiga would need to go retro which doesn't need state of the art technology. There are several options for adding 3D.
1) Reverse engineer and implement existing 3D from a Voodoo 4/5 or console compatible 3D.
2) Create a 3D core from scratch or Start with an open 3D core like GPL-GPU (https://github.com/asicguy/gplgpu
) or Nyami.
3) License a synthesizeable 3D core like VideoCore IV, PowerVR, etc.
1. Would probably be a bad idea. Spending time and effort on something nVidia owns all patents for?
2. Probably the wisest choice here..
3. More Licensing fees in Amigaland..? probably not desirable..