View Single Post
Old 30 October 2015, 01:03   #10
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I have what looks to be an unused package of the 2088/2286 BB disks, including the Janus utility disk.

I dumped the 3.5" Amiga disk, but I am having problems with the 5.25" disks in my Amiga external drive. I can see the root directory, but when I try to copy files from the disk, I just get empty files. I have never tried reading PC 5.25" disks on the Amiga before so not sure how it differs from 3.5". The disks look like DD and seeing as I can see the root, they probably are, but the question is whether they are 360kB or 720kB and if the Amiga is configured for it?

Anyway, if I can't make it work, I will be able to dump the disks in a real PC drive in a week or two.

Edit: I managed to dump them using the Amiga drive by setting the drive to 40 tracks and dumping it using TrackSaver GUI. Since the Amiga still thought it was a 720kB disk, it failed at 50%/360kB where I just canceled the operation. The images all seem good to me. I have put them in the Zone.
those are normal dos disks 3.30 you can get them on the web

the best way to image those disks is using a common PC+ a common 5.25 drive, you can do the images using the program "winimage" (IMA format)

Page generated in 0.04487 seconds with 11 queries