View Single Post
Old 29 October 2015, 17:57   #14
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Yeah but for example, I CANNOT crack a game, so I need someone to do it for me. This is where crackers come in but I think it's still a grey area, as they would be fully backed by law to crack the game, but distribution would still be illegal.

But this kinda move actually makes things like Flashcarts, cart readers and other backup units, often targets of legal problems by mammoths of gaming like Nintendo, legal. Right?
It is not so clear. (Cf below.)
As for cracking, you just need to adopt a StingRay, Meynaf or Galahad kitten.
These creatures food consists mainly of protection routines so both you and them will have a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett71 View Post
I read about this, and I was under the impression that the circumvention was only with regards to software which requires activation by an external server and that server is no longer in operation.
You are actually right. ArsTechnica's article about the topic highlights that the exemptions cover very specific uses which do not overlap with individuals's personal use. http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...-personal-use/

This said, this is still a step in the right direction. The needle is moving and we should celebrate that for now.

Page generated in 0.05221 seconds with 9 queries