View Single Post
Old 24 October 2015, 22:22   #36
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Do you really mean there is no any display position movement whatsoever with older version? Image not moving up or down, even for single frame? (with vertical centering enabled)
I'll use Pang as the example. You probably saw from the video that the Ocean logo should start from the bottom of the screen but only appears part way up and then jumps back down and continues up again.

If I turn of vertical smart centering then it behaves normally; scrolls smoothly from the bottom of the screen upwards with no jerky movements.

In the v2.3 + previous if I had vertical smart centering turned on it would still function without any issues.

Quote:
Centering can and will change between version. I still don't see anything wrong except older versions may actually been broken..

Centering option + games rarely works as expected anyway, just use some script utility to switch it off in all your configs.

(I don't mean extra garbage but image moving up or down)
Yeah I can use Notepad++ to modify all my old configs.

I've probably now tested 50 games and it's only Agony + Alien Breed + Pang that this issue occurs in. I've just switched off vertical centering in these configs and all good.

Quote:
Did 2310b1 also introduce "jerky" movement effect or only garbage at the bottom?
Will check and get back to you but from memory; Pang didn't leave artifacts on the screen but the logo jumps / jerks just like in the video. Alien Breed did both.

Quote:
EDIT: _winuae.fx should appear in plugins\filtershaders\direct3d when started in d3d mode. Perhaps there is no write permissions? Does anything change if you run winuae.exe as administrator?
I'll give that a try. WinUAE is running from in C:\WinUAE.

Quote:
I'll try this also.

Quote:
EDIT3: Does scanlines reappear if you switch back to fullscreen?
Unfortunately not.

Quote:
Do they reappear if you disable scanlines and then re-enable them?
How do I disable besides moving the slider back from "50" to "0"? If I move it by anything they work again.

Page generated in 0.07999 seconds with 9 queries