Thread: \\.\pipe\WinUAE
View Single Post
Old 21 October 2015, 22:00   #8
boir

Toni: Thank you. With ipctester.exe I can connect
Code:
Connected to '\\.\pipe\WinUAE'
ready
I can send these commands to successfully pause the emulator and then unpause again
Code:
ipc_event
SPC_PAUSE 1
SPC_PAUSE 1
The initial "ipc_event" appears to be necessary. If I do "evt_SPC_PAUSE 1" or "SPC_PAUSE 1" without it the return is "501" and the emulator doesn't pause. Some more notes from my test: As long as the same winuae process is running I can close and restart ipctester without having to resend "ipc_event". But sending "ipc_event" again also doesn't break anything.

To make use of this in some scripts I'll next try to figure out how to expand the ipctester stuff so I can silently on the command line run something with a parameter , e.g. "SPC_PAUSE 1", and have it autoconnect to the winUAE pipe, write "ipc_event" and if return 200 write the parameter. I don't know any C++ so I'll try with python but if something like that is easy to add on to the ipctester code then I'm all ears.

chaos: thank you. I will follow try to follow those steps. Ipctester returned 404 even when the command worked so are you sure your commands didn't work?

Quote:
(reads are blocking, careful)
What does that mean?

Page generated in 0.08374 seconds with 9 queries